Senior Manager, Client Services - Retail Vertical
- Nielsen Vietnam , Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 1500 Competitive
- Posted: 19 Jul 2018
1. Business Development
- Identify areas of business opportunity and growth for the business unit
- Maintain and further foster relationships with current clients
- Develop plans to cross sell and introduce new services to current clients
- Build the company’s positive image through active participation in professional associations and industry conferences / seminars
- Contribute to new business initiatives and participate in the development and launch of new services
- Contribute to the short-term strategies and business plans for the growth of the business unit based on global and regional / sub-regional directions
- Provide continuous feedback on competitive activities within assigned clients
2. Financial Management
- Achieve revenue, profitability, quality, speed of delivery and productivity targets as well as other related business development objectives as assigned
- Ensure local business strategies are implemented according to regional / sub-regional directions in order to meet the financial and business objectives of the division
- Monitor the actual financial performance against budget / forecast and ensure the implementation of appropriate actions that will led to the achievement of the financial targets
- Ensure proper pricing and contracts are completed and approved according to company's policies and guidelines
- Manage the cost of jobs within present budget restrictions
3. Client Servicing
- Implement plans that will contribute to maximum client satisfaction and ensure continuous profitable and business growth
- Ensure client service standards are implemented and enhanced as client expectations continue to evolve and change in the market place
- Ensure the implementation of Client Management Process for the assigned accounts and be able to add
- Lead the client servicing team with the primary responsibility of expanding our scope of influence with clients across a wider range of products and with greater depth of involvement
- Provide product solutions and benefits to client business issues / opportunities by developing strategic initiatives for each client
- Oversee the management and conduct of assigned research projects including preparation, approval and delivery of proposals, reports and presentations
- Foster relationships at all levels and functions of the client organization to identify opportunities for incremental product / solution sales
- Ensure team members are trained to handle client requirements
- Ensure adherence to the company policies on business conduct / ethics when servicing clients are being observed by the entire division
4. People Management
- Utilize the Performance and Development Plan to communicate and assess performance objectives, competency lists and development plans for direct reports
- Ensure effective performance management system is implemented and aligned with regional directions in order to recognize desired performance for business advantage
- Establish high standards of performance and hold associates firmly accountable for meeting those standards
- Develop and implement training plans to ensure that associates are able to grow and demonstrate mastery of required competencies in their jobs and deliver desired performance levels
- Provide support, recognition and feedback to assist associates towards achieving the performance expectations and standards
- Act as coach, guide and mentor to employees
- Ensure that associates are aware of the nature of their specific roles in relationship to the local market, the sub-region and overall regional operation
- Establish a strong team environment focused on exceeding internal and external client requirements
- Conduct consistent periodic coaching "work with-s" to observe team members with clients and provide feedback
- Contribute to driving world class employee satisfaction through the implementation of relevant organizational initiatives that build on employee commitment
- Bachelor degree;
- At least 8-years experienced in FMCG (marketing / sales), research-related industry or retail industry experience desired; experience in FMCG modern trade retail will be highly appreciated
- An associate who is extremely hands-on with data and can work on Nielsen Advisor software efficiently.
- Will be responsible for accuracy of regular reports shared to clients and should generate presentation on a monthly basis with the team.
- Being extremely client-centric is a must.
- Perseverance, dedication and willing to work long hours during delivery time is desirable.
- A person with high Emotional-Quotient is a must.
- Expert knowledge of statistics and multivariate analysis; Consumer Package Goods background
- Expert knowledge of research techniques and methodologies
- Effective writing skills
About Nielsen Vietnam
Established in Vietnam since 1993, Nielsen Vietnam Ltd. has become the country’s leading provider that offers full service capability and local knowledge across qualitative, quantitative, media and retail measurement lead by specialized units in HCMC and Hanoi covering FMCG, Consumer Products, Automotive, Finance, Pharmaceuticals, Telecommunications, Industry and Manufacturing, Real Estate and Tourism.
We study consumers in more than 100 countries including Vietnam to give our clients the most compete view of trends and habits worldwide. And we’re constantly evolving, not only in terms of where we measure, or what we measure, but also in how our insights can help our clients drive profitable growth. Nielsen Vietnam conducted 2 million interviews last year and has a continuous monthly Retail Audit Service covering over 90% of the urban population as well as rural measurement since 2004.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement. By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visitwww.nielsen.com.